Medical massage is outcome-based massage, primarily the application of a specific treatment targeted to the specific problem(s) the patient presents with a diagnosis and are administered after a thorough assessment/evaluation by the medical massage therapist with specific outcomes being the basis for treatment.
Medical massage is useful in addressing conditions such as:
- Pain associated with bulged or injured spinal disks (medical massage cannot 'fix' the disk, but can help alleviate much of the pain associated with the injury).
- Pain associated with pregnancy
- Plantar fasciitis (involving pain in the foot)
- Repetitive use injuries such as those listed and tennis elbow, Golfer's elbow
- Pain associated with restricted fascia
- Pain associated with postural imbalances
- Injuries sustained in traumas such as falls or automobile accidents
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (numbness/tingling in hands/arms)
To learn more about our medical massage services, or to set up an appointment.
or call: 941.955.6220
2016 Copyright Florida Integrative Medical Center, 2415 University Parkway Sarasota Florida 34243. All rights reserved.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided herein is for Educational Purposes Only and has not been designed to diagnose, treat, mitigate, prevent or cure any health conditions. Please consult a qualified Health Care Professional to diagnose your health conditions and avoid self-diagnosis. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated statements about these health topics or any suggested product compositions.